Friday, October 1, 2010

Fish and Chips and Vinegar song

Mrs Yollis from California enjoyed the year 6/7 ukelele and guitar playing and has asked for the words to the song.

Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar,
Fish and chips and vinegar,
pepper, pepper pepper pot.

Don't chuck your muck in my backyard, my backyard, my backyard.
Don't chuck your muck in my backyard,
my backyard's full.

One bottle of pop, two bottles of pop, three bottles of pop,
four bottles of pop, five bottles of pop, six bottles of pop,
seven bottles of pop, POP!




It's a good song to sing as a 3-way round.
What other songs do people know of to sing as rounds?

5 comments:

  1. I've heard 3 versions of this song now! Yours, and an American and also a Canadian one.
    The difference is in the second verse.
    Americans sing:
    "Don't throw your trash in my backyard."
    Canadians sing:
    "Don't throw your junk in my backyard."
    and also add a 4th verse that goes like this:
    "It's cold in the winter;
    It's cold in the fall;
    It's cold in the summer;
    But it doesn't matter at all!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned it as "Don't put your dust in my dustbin, my dustbin, my dust bin, Don't put your dust in my dustbin my dustbin's full "

    ReplyDelete